27 May, 2008

Kat Von D's Make-up Line




Ok Guys,....Sephora has Released Kat Von D's new make-up line in their stores and on their website. The packaging I must admit,...looks AWESOME! You all know how I'm a sucker for packaging,...so I think I may give this one a try. I've been doing some research on this brand and I must say I did find one BIG fault. From what I've gathered,..supposedly this brand is actually just sephora brand make-up with Kat's packaging. I dunno about all that,....but again,...I'm still gonna at least check it out and do some major swatching before making a purchase.

For anyone who doesn't know who Kat Von D is,...she's a tattoo artist based out of LA. Her parlor is called High Voltage Tattoo.She was on the shows Miami Ink and now her own show LA Ink on TLC. She also has a myspace account herehttp://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=554683

I gotta tell you all I'm not a fan of Kat Von D. It's not that I don't like her,.it's just that I don't care. I've only seen the shows a small handful of times,..mainly when nothing else is on and I need some background noise. I do however really like the packaging and the colors her collection has to offer.

Ok,..so I haven't purchased anything from her collection yet,..but we wanna know....





Ok guys..here's so pics of her line and some prices. I don't have all the available colors listed, but you can click on the title of my blog to connect to Sephora's website.








$34
Ok,..so these are her eyeshadow palettes. They look great,..but I'm not sure how pigmented they are. Again,...the packaging is awesome. You can choose from these two options,..or of course GET BOTH!!!





$16
This is her Autograph Eyeliner. There are 6 diff colors to choose from, most having a sparkle or metallic look.





$18
Here's her Painted Love Lipstick, which comes in 4 diff colors. You pretty much have to like red to buy these. There is one color that is on the pink side,..but still dark in my opinion.






$48
This is her Kat Eye Brush Set. Again, here the packaging is continued on the handle of the brushes. The set includes an angled eyeshadow brush, an eyeshadow blending brush, an angled brow brush, a smudge brush, and a flat eyeliner brush. The case is a black vinyl with more of the roses. I dunno about this. I'll def look into it,..but I've never had much luck with Sephora Brush Sets. For the true Kat Von D fan,..IT'S A MUST!!

If you haven't seen these vids yet,..here's some advertising vids that have been up on youtube for quite some time.








Ok so there you go. Let me know what you think of if you guys have tried this stuff out yet! The prices vary to me. For the eyeshadows I think it's pretty cheap,..but $18 on a lipstick,..I dunno... I'll be sure to look further into this brand and let you know what I come up with.


Stay Beautiful :)

No comments: